Life as a single Mother-Empty nest, Dating, Ex-husband, Best Friends, Full-time Employment, Unemployment, night school...How do these all relate to one another? Come with me:

Friday, October 30, 2009

old friendships never die


Had a visit from an old Jr. High school friend over this week. She was supposed to be in the country for an event with her grandmother. However flight delays and 'mechanical problems' caused her to miss the very thing she was coming for.
But- I got to have dinner with her and her siblings (whom I have not seen since they were in elementary school) and you know, it was like stepping back in time.
Not a beat was missed. We are all still as goofy and sarcastic as we ever were.It was as if she had not moved away. As if we were still the pre-teens, walking to school and making up our own languages.
I am so glad that she found the time to get out with us while she was here.

Now- If only I could get my darn car repaired so I can save up for my ticket to France to see her and her own territory.


"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson 


I love you Darlene! Oh and double thanks for the french chocolates! Rachel thinks are hers alone --not

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: