Life as a single Mother-Empty nest, Dating, Ex-husband, Best Friends, Full-time Employment, Unemployment, night school...How do these all relate to one another? Come with me:

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to school

The girls went back to school last week, they are already busy with homework. I just completed my bachelors degree in Technology Management last April and it has not quite sunk in that I will not be returning this fall. A friend of mine, who has not quite completed her accounting degree, just started classes last night.
Here is the thing. I am so far from finished with school work, here we are in week one and i have already had one call from my sister regarding her sons algebra, one late night with daughter number 2, also algebra, and certain promises made to my soon-to-be accountant friend of help with her business classes. I guess I should help her since I have actually worked in the business and corporate world all of my adult life.
wouldnt you think , though, that I might be able to actually afford to get the girls some nice school clothes? Being that I am a college graduate, making a decent living, no credit cards.
But alas- we are still flying by the seat of our pants as I am loyal to the start-up company that I am currently employed with, awaiting investor funding that can send us into production and then, maybe I will get my piece of the american pie that I have slaved for for nearly 14 years now. We shall see. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: