Life as a single Mother-Empty nest, Dating, Ex-husband, Best Friends, Full-time Employment, Unemployment, night school...How do these all relate to one another? Come with me:

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The first Contest on this blog ever!

The first thing I want to mention is it seems to be my lucky week. Not one- but TWO wins for me!
They were each passed on to me by fellow single mother bloggers.
The first award was this one:


Given to me by  new blogger and twitter friend notyouraveragesinglemomma. The challenge that come with this particular award is to create a list -Ten things that make me happy. The way the past few months have gone, I see this as a refreshing, eye-opening task. However, I have not yet had the time to get it posted. The second part of the challenge is to pass it on to ten bloggers whom I find inspiring, I welcome the opportunity for this too. I will get to it soon.

The second award was a fellow bloggers support on her New Year's Resolution. She has made a resolution to watch less Television this year. A challenge that I believe we all wish to accomplish at periods in our lives. She put up the challenge to her readers to post a comment and take a guess just how many days she would make it through her challenge before watching television again. I hardly remember commenting, I wanted her to succeed. But my guess was that she would last no longer than I would, and guessed 4 days.
I was unaware that she would be under the weather, and also entertaining friends with games which used her television. You can hardly blame the girl for her demise. But thank you so much Aljolynn  I can hardly wait for my little taste of Hawaii. And good luck with the restart of your personal challenge I know you will do fine.


Which brings me to my own very first contest.
Everyone has an opinion on the right way to roll – over or under – and both points-of-view have been argued in households for ages. This January, Cottonelle brand sets out to settle this Great Debate once and for all. Are you Team Over or Team Under?
 

 As a member of the Mom Bloggers Club, I have the opportunity to win an entire months supply of Cottonelle tissue. And honestly who cant use toilet paper. With two teen girls in the house smack dab in the middle of cold and flu season we use a lot. Seems I am the one left with the bare cardboard roll staring at me as I attempt to reach for the box of tissue.

But the best part of this whole toilet paper debate??? You as a reader of this humble blog can also be a winner. Simply leave a comment below and you will be entered to win 1 of 10 Cottonelle gift baskets randomly chosen on January 29, 2010 from all entries.

 What beats a contest open to all? I would love to hear from my regular commenters as well as some silent readers I just know are out there. And I cannot think of a better time to come out.
So leave a comment and good luck and I will work on my happy list.




5 comments:

  1. I am on team...whatever works in the moment! seriously I could care less either way and have never really paid attention!!! :) hope you win!! yay for toilet papet whichever way it rolls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jusst found your blog! I confess I an an "Over the roll type of gal!"
    Cece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the comments: Thought I would try a contest because I was feeling like a winner. And who doesn't like to get a comment or two? Even if it is about toilet paper preferences.

    Debbie- I am not sure why- It just seems to be awkward grasping the end from underneath.

    Cece- welcome and thank you for the comment. Glad you found your way to my blog, hope you will be back

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted Team Under :) *Thanks* for the giveaway!
    theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl thank you too for visiting.

    I will let you all know as soon as I hear back from non bloggers!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think: