Life as a single Mother-Empty nest, Dating, Ex-husband, Best Friends, Full-time Employment, Unemployment, night school...How do these all relate to one another? Come with me:

Friday, January 9, 2009

“The death of a child is the single most traumatic event in medicine. To lose a child is to lose a piece of yourself.”- Dr. Burton Grebin

Another one of my favorite movies is- ANYTHING with John Travola.
The only exception to that would be Pulp fiction, but even then, I loved his performance, just not the premise of the film.
One of my worst fears as a mother is the thought of losing a child. Even if I were 105 yrs old and they were 80. I want to go first. I cannot even begin to imagine what that family is facing right now. To lose a son, in your own arms, and at such a young age.
And so suddenly on the day prior to a gathering of friends and family. Then to have to fight the guilt and the pressure of their religion coming into question over the cause of his death!?
I wish them well in this time of grief. Both he and Kelly are so talented but also humanitarians and lovable people in their own rites.
Here's to you, Travolta family. I wish you strength, love and Perseverance in this trying time.
I dedicate this day on my humble little blog to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: