Life as a single Mother-Empty nest, Dating, Ex-husband, Best Friends, Full-time Employment, Unemployment, night school...How do these all relate to one another? Come with me:

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fill those puffs

In my last post, I showed how easy it is to create tiny little puffs magically and easily- here are some wonderful fillings:

My mother's filling is a yummy savory shrimp concoction:

Shrimp Puffs
Soften one 8oz and one 3oz pkg of cream cheese and blend in 1/4c evaporated milk (any milk will do). Whip until fluffy. Add 1T finely chopped onion, 1T lemon juice, 1/2t. worchestershire sauce and 1 can tiny shrimp (drained) or 1/2c. fresh shrimp finely chopped. Mix until blended and fill puffs.

This filling gives just the right amount of shrimp flavor without being too fishy.

I adapted this recipe to please my daughter who is not a seafood fan.

Similar to the above recipe:

Chicken puffs



Soften one 8oz and one 3oz pkg of cream cheese and blend in 1/4c evaporated milk (any milk will do). Whip until fluffy. Add 1T finely chopped onion, 1/2t. worchestershire sauce and 1 can chicken (drained) or 1/2c. cooked chicken finely chopped. Mix until blended and fill puffs.
.


Variations include adding walnuts, grapes. olives, ham, cheese, or capers. Mix it up.

I found a few recipes on the web that included 

curry and chicken
Bacon, lettuce, tomato with pesto
                                                      almost anything you might put in a sandwich but would like as an appetizer. Vegetarian's may like a portabello mushroom filling.

And of course, for those with a sweet tooth- Fill them with pudding, whipped cream, fresh fruit or cottage cheese and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Impress your friends today. These will get raves at a bridal or baby shower, pot-luck, office party or just impress your own family.

1 comment:

  1. These seem like would be great for my toddlers in the description remind me of conch fritters... ok I am drulling

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think: