Life as a single Mother-Empty nest, Dating, Ex-husband, Best Friends, Full-time Employment, Unemployment, night school...How do these all relate to one another? Come with me:

Friday, December 19, 2008

Getting into the spirit

I finally broke down and went to the doctor and came home with two different kinds of antibiotics. I am already feeling a little better...
My parents came into town yesterday afternoon, and although my house looks like Hiroshima AFTER the bomb, there is some comfort in family being there. They didn't seem nearly as mortified as my imagination warned me they would be.
We had a pretty laid back night, enjoying each others company and catching up on the past few weeks. I went back to work today, been out nearly 4 days, and we are to have our Christmas lunch today. There was a good sized snowstorm again yesterday and we are expecting a doozie this afternoon, so the drive home will be challenging at best.
My sister is coming down from Wyoming this afternoon or this evening, and I wish her a safe trip as I think there will be worse storming North of here, and they will be coming 'over the mountains. I was hoping to have so much more done this week and being able to blog blog blog on the festivities, but, I am so far behind, it will all have to wait.
If I am absent for a few days, please, Have a happy Holiday and as Paul Harvey used to say, stay tuned for the rest of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: