Life as a single Mother-Empty nest, Dating, Ex-husband, Best Friends, Full-time Employment, Unemployment, night school...How do these all relate to one another? Come with me:

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

HO! HO! Hum!

I want to be in the Christmas spirit. I really do! But After attending a Christmas party with a lot of old friends at a local 'watering hole' last Friday night. And then turning right around Saturday night and going to another bar with a friend, I caught a nasty nasty bug. I was down for the count Sunday, and even called in sick both Monday and yesterday too. All I feel like I have done for 3 days is sleep and I still feel like I have run a marathon.
My family is all coming to stay with me this weekend, and I am so excited! A big surprise I cannot share here right now is also coming this weekend. But- I am not ready.

I haven't finished my shopping, I haven't washed the sheets, there are tissues and dishes all over from my 'camp out on the couch'.

And- As you recall from my previous post? My Grinch tree is still in the exact same spot as it was a week ago! My house is half decorated.
So many things to do. I am feeling a lot better but now I am cursed with the fatigue that often follows three days in bed. So really- I WANT to be in the Christmas Spirit.. but not quite there yet. This is what I woke up to yesterday morning as i was feeling the chills of my chest cold....I love the first big snowstorm of the year!

Exception: When I have a cold in my head and chest!

BUT_

I did get out to the girls concert last night, many more people watching anecdotes I would share if I didn't think that anyone reading here might think me a tad bit of a cynic. (Although I am SURE the woman next to me had chicken for dinner- that is all I am saying)
The Chorus teacher insists on holding the concert in a darkened room lit only by Christmas decor and lights, which makes for crummy photography especially when you have a camera like the one I have stolen from my daughter... But I managed to get a couple of darling photo's.
I would like to share:






Now- Gotta run and get some shopping done....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: