Life as a single Mother-Empty nest, Dating, Ex-husband, Best Friends, Full-time Employment, Unemployment, night school...How do these all relate to one another? Come with me:

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hard Days Night

“Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.”


Yesterday was one of the hardest days I have faced in a really long time. As I have written here about trials of being a single mother, issues with kids, household problems etc. I have not said much about my employment or people I work with. I don't figure this blog is the place to discuss office workings.
However, as I have alluded to in my past few posts, I have been laid off.
Yesterday was our last day of hire. It was bittersweet in more ways than one. I have recently finished my degree so this may open new windows of opportunity for me, but I am scared of the consequences of not finding that opportunity soon enough. I am excited to move to the next chapter of my life but sad to say goodbye to friends from this one.
Small companies are absolutely awesome to work for. You really get opportunities to grow as a person as you more than likely take on job tasks beyond your own work scope. You make close friendships with other employees by working closely with them everyday. You know all about their families and their day to day lives. Even management.
It is kind of like living in a small town, everyone is in your business, you have no secrets. But those same people who know all about you would also do anything for you. An extension of your own family. I will miss you all.
I didn't let my emotions get the best of me when we all hugged goodbye after the luncheon. Maybe it was all the tears of worry the night before. It was hard though. To those who said they loved me and they will miss me, you know who you are, I love you too.
I was barely out of the parking lot, when the emotions overtook me and I cried like a baby all the way home. It was actually cleansing.
Who knows what the passersby thought- who cares.
And so- today begins a new day- a new chapter to this silly book of my life. I never accused God of giving me a boring life. And he never fails to follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: