Life as a single Mother-Empty nest, Dating, Ex-husband, Best Friends, Full-time Employment, Unemployment, night school...How do these all relate to one another? Come with me:

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Single parents who also attend school


I have mentioned a time or two on this blog that while I raised my kids, I also attended night school while working a full-time job.
Ever since I started this blog, I have been told by a few, that I should write about the struggles that went along with that. I have been attempting to write about it. I was concerned I wouldn't be able to word it in a way that would make sense. Two or three nights a week of classes, another four or five nights of homework. Juggling with children's' sport events, PTA meetings, Parent teacher, school plays and concerts was difficult. Keeping up my own grades while ensuring that my children keep up with theirs. Family events, babysitters, house cleaning, bill paying, grocery shopping, birthday parties, something has to give there aren't enough hours in a day.
But today I read a guest post on a blog I frequently read and I hope that she doesn't mind my posting a link.
This is exactly what I lived for nearly eight years time.
Single parents juggling school- thank you to Rich Single momma and her guest poster, Abhishek Agarwal.

If you know a single parent, pat them on the back and let them know you understand. If you know a single parent who also attends school, offer to help them out. Shop for them, babysit, take them a hot meal, anything to help take the edge off. - warning: if they are stubborn like me they may refuse to take it. Try anyway.
(not me in the photo)

4 comments:

  1. I to went to night school and worked a full time job. there are two differances from not a soccer mom and myself. One I was not a single parent, and two, my children were grown. I see now I had it perty easy. Good for you, soccer mom.
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Dad. You were a good example. You made it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good post and I have a lot of respect for you. I, too, am a single parent and have my kids more than half the time. I wouldn't change a thing. Good work and here is a pat on the back for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Coach! and welcome to my blog.
    A good hearty pat on the back right back at ya!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think: